When scheduling an appointment date for a permanent makeup procedure, keep in mind the healing time of the procedure. You will need a few days afterward without strenuous activity.
Patients on prescription medications should check with their doctor regarding interactions, especially those on heart medications or blood thinners. Some medications and herbs can increase swelling and bleeding. Never discontinue a medication your doctor has recommended for you without consulting him or her. Consult with your doctor to see if you can go off these medications for 24 hours prior to the procedure. If not, then permanent makeup is not recommended. The same goes for alcohol. These things can cause excessive bleeding which will result in poor color retention.
Antihistamines like Benadryl taken before the procedure may reduce swelling and help you relax. Benadryl also helps eyes not be so watery during eyeliner procedures. Watery eyes can dilute the pigment that is being implanted.
* Do not wear contact lens during the procedure or for 5 days after.
* Bring sunglasses to wear home. Eyes may be light sensitive.
* Do not dye or perm lashes for 2 days prior.
* Do not use eyelash curler the day of the procedure.
*Do not use lash growth serum for two weeks before or after your procedure
* If you have had any type of eye surgery, consult with the physician about how long you should wait before having a permanent eyeliner procedure. Most physicians suggest 2 a month waiting period after cataract, lasik, and blepharoplasty.